New York chapter membership submitted questions to 2018 President-Elect candidates Kevin Adams and Hal Kirkwood in an effort to get to know the candidates better from the perspective of issues of importance to our membership ahead of the Board Elections. These questions focused on addressing the global scope of SLA, member engagement, and improving SLA’s educational content. Their responses to these questions have been provided in this blog post.
A high level overview of both candidates is below along with links to their respective candidate profiles on the SLA site:
- Has been an information professional for over 20 years and an SLA member since 1996.
- Currently is an Information Specialist at the Institute of Environmental Science and Research in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Was one of the founding members of the Australia/New Zealand Chapter in 2005 and was secretary of the chapter for a number of years.
- Belongs to the Solo Division; Environment and Resource Management Division; Food, Agriculture and Nutrition Division; Government Division; and Business and Finance Division.
- Has held the positions of Director, Secretary and Chair for the Food, Agriculture and Nutrition Division, and was Chair in the Online Content Advisory Committee and member of the Information Outlook Advisory Committee.
- Has been an Information professional for 24 years and an SLA member since 1992.
- Currently is an Associate Professor and Business Information Specialist at the Roland G. Parrish Library of Management & Economics at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Current president of the Indiana Chapter.
- Served as Director on the SLA Board of Directors from 2012 – 2014, specifically involved with the Finance Committee and as chair of the Conference Re-envisioning Task Force.
- Was the first webmaster for the Indiana Chapter and the Business & Finance Division, the Mentor Chair and Chair for the Business & Finance Division, and Chair and Co-Chair of the College & University Business Librarians Roundtable.
As a reminder, SLA 2018 Board of Directors election voting opens up at 9:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, September 6th and concludes at 5:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, September 20th. More information on all 2018 Board of Directors candidates and the election process can be found here.
Please find the Q&A below. Continue reading